7 August 2013

HB2U with repurposed SC image

Just stopping by with a quick post today. Here is a card I made using 'Red Rose' by Saturated Canary. I actually coloured this up for a challenge on using different hair colours (BG000/01/05/09), but I never got around to making her into a card and missed the deadline for the challenge (I do this often!). But here she is revamped into an envelope card. This is the first time I have tried this style of card base. I like the way it came out, but it bears no resemblance to what I had pictured in my head. There is a pull-out tag to write a message on.




I finally got to use this beautiful ribbon which I have had in my stash for close to 2 years now. If you've noticed I don't actually use a lot of ribbon on my cards, but due to am impromptu spree at a craft convention I now have a big box of it to use up. I do love the rose trim though. Will probably have to get more of that (to keep the other ribbon company in said box)


For those of you that don't know - 'HB2U' stands for 'happy birthday to you'. I had actually never seen this before a few weeks ago, but it seems to be popping up on cards all over the place so I thought I would give it a whirl and use up some of my glitter stickers. I didn't have any numbers, so I drew a number 2 on some glittery cardstock and cut it out. I really love this black mirror card that I used for the banners, but it really is a pain to work with. If I haven't scratched it with my metal ruler, I've smeared it in fingerprints/glue. In this case I did all three, but hopefully you can't see it too much!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Saturated Canary - Set your creativity free
The Ribbon Girl - Birthday cards
The Corrosive Challenge - It's only a number (hopefully my HB2U counts for this!)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting :)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried one of these card bases before, but it looks great Amy. I am loving the blue hair too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Amy, such fabulous rich colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love the colors and the beautiful glitter! You colored the image beautifully! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Amy! I must try this type of fold soon! Your coloring is amazing; I really love the monochromatic blues! "HB2U" absolutely counts for the number theme! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly cow my jaw dropped when I saw this.

    The coloring is so beautiful and amazing.Great envelope card :)

    Thank you for playing with us on the last challenge and forgive me I'm just getting to comment on your art work. I'm glad I stopped by though :)

    Please come and play with us again on the NEW challenge and here is a link
    http://saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.com/

    Nice work and have a great day
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning I saw this on the corrosive challenge blog(congrats on making top 3) but it should have been a winner fantastic colouring
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Great to hear from you!